1) We won't ever share or show your email address on the site (unless you have accepted someone as a friend). You won't have to worry about us revealing the sensitive details about who you are to other visitors to the site. But to use the site you voluntarily give us your info. Your name, state, bio, and when you joined are the only things that show up in your profile - except for the items you score and wish for of course! But we're serious about keeping your privacy. This doesn't guarantee that someone can't stalk you in the real world or anything, of course!
2) We won't spam you, but we may email you from time to time. We keep your email address on file so we can mail you important announcements, such as when the site will be down, info about new awesome feature launches, and occasionally cool deals you might be interested in. We're talking maaaaaybe every few week or two. This is typical for any website. But we're not going to send you the daily email with crap you don't care about. No. And if you don't like the site, or the emails once in a while, well you can quit scordit at any time - just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: DELETE ACCOUNT.
3) We track what pages you go on, and other data about your web browser, just like anybody else. We have a site tracker so we can see how many visits we get, where they come from, etc. But we don't spy on you, and there is never any spyware or anything like that loaded onto your computer. We just pull up our report and it says "10,000 visits today. 300 people went to the Funny category page, and 100 people read the Announcements page." That kind of stuff. Nothing to freak out about.
4) We collect statistical information, and also market research, which we may share with others. Your demographic info that you share with us when you sign up might be used for statistical purposes or for market research. We can use any info you give us to provide advertisers, businesses, or other companies with market research, and we have the right to do that. We will be careful who we share this information with, and we're not going to sell your email address to spammers or anything like that.
5) If the police, FBI, or other government agency asks us to, we'll fork over any info we have. We'll comply with any court order or police/government investigation if we need to, and that might mean handing over your sensitive information. If you're not a criminal or part of a criminal investigation, we're not going to share your info. So do your part and obey the law!
7) If you injure yourself while or by using this site, that's your fault, and we won't be liable! Gotta cover our backs, right?